Do I need Digestive Testing?
If you answer “yes” to any of the following questions, then digestive testing is for you:
- Do you have Irritable bowel syndrome?
- Do you frequently experience indigestion?
- Do you suffer from constipation or unexplained diarrhoea?
- Do you experience gas and bloating or abdominal pain?
- Have you been diagnosed with Crohn’s disease or Ulcerative Colitis?
- Do you have food allergies or sensitivities?
- Do you suffer from fatigue or lack energy?
- Do you suffer from skin problems such as excema or psoriasis?
- Do you have Fibromyalgia or Rheumatoid Arthritis ?
- Do you have an auto immune condition?
Why is Digestive Health so Important?
Good digestive health is the key to a healthy life but all too often people take their digestion for granted until they start to experience unpleasant digestive symptoms such as bloating, pain, gas, diarrhoea, constipation and malabsorption issues.
The current scientific community now recognises that an unhealthy gut is linked to almost every health condition from diabetes to depression, obesity, chronic fatigue syndrome, autoimmune and behavioural disorders.
The human gut contains 10 times more bacteria than all the human cells in the entire body, with over 400 known diverse bacterial species. This collective composition of bacteria promotes normal gastrointestinal function, provides protection from infection, regulates metabolism and comprises more than 75% of our immune system.
Digestive problems may arise from unwanted stressors such as over work, personal or financial stress, immune challenges, food intolerances and poor eating or lifestyle habits . As such, it is important to consider all these factors when treating a client to achieve long term digestive wellness and prevent the same problems from reoccurring at a later date.
Good adrenal health plays a crucial role in the ability of a person to maintain optimal gut health and an efficient immune system so it is vital that this area is assessed and supported accordingly to achieve the best results.
No matter what part of the body is being treated, the importance of digestion cannot be ignored as this is the very thing that provides us with the nutrition that the body requires to heal itself. Adequate nutrition allows us to make neurotransmitters and hormones in the right proportions, makes us resistant to infections and gives us the energy we require to meet the stress of daily life.