- One bunch of kale
- 2 cups of fresh basil
- ½ cup of pre-soaked walnuts
- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 freshly squeezed limes
- Himalayan salt
Put all ingredients inside the food processor, and mix until a smooth, creamy consistency is reached.
WHAT’S SO GOOD ABOUT KALE?
Kale is a cousin of broccoli and cabbage and contains impressive amounts of antioxidants, is considered anti-inflammatory and provides a rich source of the compounds below;-
- Phytonutrient indole-3-carbinol, which helps in DNA cell repair and slowing down the growth of cancer cells
- Sulforaphane, protects against certain cancers and increases detoxification capacity
- Lutein and zeaxanthin, to help prevent macular degeneration of the eyes.
Basil also offers a remarkable array of vitamins and minerals, including:
- Vitamin K, which is essential in preventing blood clotting
- Antioxidants, which fight against free radical damage
- Flavonoids, which protect important DNA
- iron, calcium, manganese, magnesium, vitamin C, and potassium.